Proclaimed “one of the best value for money acts” by a Scotsman!
Paul Snodgrass is a ball of pent up energy, that when released on stage is a non-stop barrage of snot spilling, sidesplitting laughs that does not cease till he leaves the stage. (The Scotsman – Edinburgh Fest 2006)
Best known for his work on eTV’s “That Sport Show” Paul Snodgrass is a multi-talented stand-up comedian who is quickly making a name for himself as many SA rock bands number one MC.
Paul is currently a reporter and a producer for eTV sports news, and has been the side-kick on eTV’s “That Sport Show” for 3 years.
Fans remember him swimming against Olympic gold medalist Ryk Neethling in a pair of flippers, facing fast balls from Makhaya Ntini without a bat and trying to side-step Schalk burger.
Paul has become one of the channel’s best loved personalities.
Paul has also used his sports profile to become the Extreme Golfer in the new irreverent golf magazine “Golf Punk”, doing crazy things like putting golf balls underwater with sharks, playing golf out a helicopter and hitting chips out the crocodile enclosure at Sun City
Paul has worked almost every major rock fest in SA bringing on bands from all over the world.
- He’s about to do his 3rd year MC’ing the stage at “Rocking the Daisies”
- Has 4 years of “Up the Creek” under his belt
- And has just been booked to MC the main stage at “Toast Fest” in London alongside “Arno Carstens”, “Freshlyground”, “Just Jinger”, and “Jac Sharp”
- Paul has become a number of bands’ choice for MC work, from “The Dirty Skirts”, to “Fokofpolisiekar”, “Hog Hoggidy Hog”, “The Rudimentals”, “Goldfish”, “Plush”, “Jac sharp”, “Andy Lund and the Mission Men” and “The Shy Guevaras”
- He’s also been used by international bands like punk masters “NOFX” and “Eagle-Eye Cherry”
- His animated hosting style makes sure any band comes on feeling like the number 1 selling band in the world.
Stand Up Comedy:
Started Comedy 8 years ago at the fresh faces section of the Smirnoff International comedy Festival
- Performed at the Edinburgh Festival in 2006, the largest arts festival in the world. Achieved a 4 star review and was quoted in the Guardian "Headliner, Paul Snodgrass … one of the best value for money acts at the festival."
- Founder member of the Cape Comedy Collective
- A resident host and comic at the Comedy Warehouse in Greenpoint till its closure.
- Founder member of Comedyallstars in Cape Town
- Regular visitor to Joburg and Durban for comedy events as well as being on many tours throughout the country.
- Has performed and hosted festivals such as the Vodacom Funny Fest and The Old Mutual Fest in Cape Town, the "HA HA" Festival and the “Up ‘n under Festival” in Durban, the Greenspicer Varsity Tour and The Play 'n Ice Festival in Grahamstown
- Has featured on TV or video on SABC3's "Comedy Showcase", ETV's "Deadtime, SABC1's "Takefive" and eTV's "Citylife as well as being invited to be one of the performers on the second installment of the Joe Parker Comedy Express Video.
- Has successfully performed for many corporate clients ranging from Woolworths to Sony and the Arabella Sheraton and Tokyo Sexwale.
“Paul is one of the best MC’s in SA today, I’ll use him anytime” Jeremy de Tolly – The Dirty Skirts
“He knows how to bring a band on like no one else” Dom Peters - Goldfish
“Paul is fokken cool” Franscois van Coke - Fokofpolisiekar
“I would recommend Paul to any band or fest, he’s killer” Lee Thompson - Hog Hoggidy Hog
“Got the crowd going off their faces before we got on” Fat Mike – NOFX
“If Paul makes me do that drum intro one more time … naah he’s great, love to work with him” Ben Peters – Plush
“I love Paul, he’s officially a Mission Man, nobody else gets to MC us from now on.” Andy Lund – Andy Lund and the Mission Men
“Paul is our favourite MC” Juliet Harding – Jac Sharp
“He shouts at a crowd like a man possessed, but hell it works, came on feeling like a superstar” Gareth Voster – The Shy Guevaras
"Incredibly funny" The Argus
"Unknown pretty boy, with funny bones" The Mail and Guardian
"One of SA' top young acts" The Cape Review
"My favourite comedian at the Comedy Warehouse" Keano, from 567 Talk Radio
"Headliner, Paul Snodgrass, one of the best value for money acts at the festival" The Scotsman
"Opening the second half was one of the most energetic and funny young performers I have ever seen" The Natal Mercury